Uniqueness of our Accelerator Program
The Capital Region AR VR Accelerator program is unique and that it provides a blend of on-site and virtual components, custom-tailored mentor teams, a focus on creation of a mutually-aligned milestone plan, and an emphasis on growing key influencer relationships (investors, team and board members, advisors/mentors, customers, strategic partners and media) that can directly accelerate success in achieving the key business milestones and best position the early-stage venture for success.
The mantra for the Accelerator is “get after it every single day!” The amount of hours available to you and your team during the 11-week Accelerator are finite. The progress your company can make is infinite. Our Accelerator program is NOT for basic business skills building. The resources, inputs, scheduling and philosophy are all focused on helping you (and as a result US as investors in your company) move the needle in a positive direction.
A Blend of On-Site and Off-Site Participation
The Capital Region AR-VR Accelerator involves a combination of on-site and off-site activities. Selected companies are only expected to be “on-site” during the first and last week of the 11-week Accelerator program. The rest of the cycle can occur virtually in conjunction with mentor/advisor teams established for each company to achieve results linked with a custom-tailored, mutually determined Milestone Plan.
Here’s an example of the types of things that occur during Week 1 with cohort companies on-site:
- “Deep Dive” assessment to establish your Milestone Plan
- Strategic seminars and workshops
- Mentor Team created for your company
- VIP lunch or dinner guest speakers
- Networking events
- Initial investor Pitch Practice “Private Screenings”
- Proactive public relations and media visibility
- Office hours, studio/lab access
Here’s an example of the types of activities that may occur with cohort companies off-site:
- Weekly Milestone Checkpoints
- Mentor Team advising
- Assistance in building key influencer networks
- “Virtual” office hours
- Meetings and calls with customers, partners, advisors and investors
- Social media and mainstream media visibility for cohort companies