Uniqueness of our Accelerator Program
The Capital Region AR VR Accelerator program is unique and that it provides a blend of on-site and virtual components, custom-tailored mentor teams, a focus on creation of a mutually-aligned milestone plan, and an emphasis on growing key influencer relationships (investors, team and board members, advisors/mentors, customers, strategic partners and media) that can directly accelerate success in achieving the key business milestones and best position the early-stage venture for success.
The mantra for the Accelerator is “get after it every single day!” The amount of hours available to you and your team during the 11-week Accelerator are finite. The progress your company can make is infinite. Our Accelerator program is NOT for basic business skills building. The resources, inputs, scheduling and philosophy are all focused on helping you (and as a result US as investors in your company) move the needle in a positive direction.
A Blend of On-Site and Off-Site Participation
The Capital Region AR-VR Accelerator involves a combination of on-site and off-site activities. Start-up and early-stage companies selected for the cohort are expected to be on-site at the Accelerator for Week 1, and during Week 6, and finally for 3 days during week 11, the final week of the Accelerator Cycle.
During the period weeks 2-5 and again weeks 7-10, the start-up teams have the ability to participate in the Accelerator remotely from their own communities. During these periods the predominate focus is advancing your work in achieving the goals mutually determined in your Milestone Plan working through our Venture Partner via weekly Milestone Checkpoints, with your assigned Mentor Team, and through the connections to Influencer Networks vital to growing your venture.
Here’s an example of the types of things that occur Week 1 with cohort companies on-site:
- “Deep Dive” Assessment to Establish Your Milestone Plan
- Daily Hot Topic Seminars and Workshops
- Mentor Team Created for Your Company
- Daily V.I.P. Lunch or Dinner Guest Informal Speaker
- “Open House” Networking Event
- Initial Investor Pitch Practice Session
- Development of Initial “Key Influencer” Prospect List and Teaser Email
- Office Hours/Studio/Lab Access
Here’s an example of the types of activities that occur Weeks 2-5 with cohort companies off-site:
- Weekly Milestone Checkpoints
- Mentor Team Advising
- Assistance in Building Key Influencer Networks
- “Virtual” Office Hours
- Meetings/Calls with Customers, Partners, Advisors, Funders
- Social Media and Mainstream Media Visibility for Cohort Companies