Breakdown of the Various Accelerator Program Activities
At the beginning of the Accelerator cycle, the Accelerator Venture Partner conducts a “Deep Dive” business assessment, including a technology assessment. Thereafter, the cohort start-ups and the Accelerator executive team mutually develop a milestone plan that becomes a key ongoing focus during the cycle.
Weekly Milestone Checkpoints
Each week cohort companies are challenged via a “Milestone Check Point” meeting to meet and exceed the milestones they have developed in conjunction with the CR AR VR Accelerator Venture Partner, General Partners and others involved with the effort. Milestones are mutually developed for:
- Customers and Partners
- Key Influencer Network Development
- Action Items for the Following Week/Month/Quarter
Hot Topic Seminars and Workshops
These segments are specifically set up during week 1 of the Accelerator when the cohort is together onsite and introduce participants to key sources of expertise they are able to call upon throughout the duration of the Accelerator (and beyond):
- Fundraising materials — what works best in today’s environment.
- Start Up Fundraising campaigns — tips for success.
- Technology solutions for AR/VR.
- Go to market strategies.
- Effective, immersive storytelling in an AR/VR environment.
- Working with large corporations and governmental entities — tips to move from conceptual discussion to signed commitment.
- Attracting the “A Team” as a young company.
- Strategies to build/leverage your key influencer network.
Assistance in arranging meetings with potential customers, strategic partners, media, advisors and other influencers
VIP Lunch or Dinner Guest Speakers
The Accelerator hosts an expert who shares their entrepreneurial, CEO, investor, fundraising, or VR/AR industry expertise with the start-ups during informal group lunches and dinner meetings with the cohort companies. Cohort companies get the benefit of learning from those who have “been there” and “done that.”
Ongoing Advising from Your Mentor Team
Customized Mentor Teams suited to your specific industry focus and/or with gaps in your broader business execution team who you connect with on an ongoing basis.
Networking Events and Media Visibility
An important focus of the Capital Region AR VR Accelerator is providing ongoing networking opportunities for cohort companies. These occur at special events hosted by the Accelerator with its key strategic partner entities, sponsoring of AR VR industry trade shows which are used to feature cohort companies, and through media relationships such as with Haptic.al, one of the leading AR VR news-focused web sites which has 15,000+ followers globally who are especially interested in the industry. Frequent updates on cohort companies are distributed through this medium.
Whether seeking to fill out their current round, or to start the process for their next found of capital, cohort companies will continually hone their investor (and sales-oriented) pitches to strengthen their likelihood of success.
The Capital Region AR VR Accelerator has relationships with numerous industry experts, investors and start-up CEOs who are well-versed in current fundraising trends and will be available to share their expertise and experience with cohort companies, along with providing real-time, practical input designed to improve founder’s capabilities to raise capital.
Various industry or investment experts provide periodic “office hour” support to cohort companies.
Demo Day is the culmination of the Capital Region AR VR Accelerator program. Companies, investors, mentors and the community come together to review the progress that the cohort companies made, and to celebrate their hard work!
Ongoing Value to the Cohort
Value and resources to cohort companies doesn’t end with the culmination of the 11-week Accelerator and the Demo Day. The Capital Region AR VR Accelerator continues to support cohort companies through:
- Connections to prospective customers, investors, collaborators and talent.
- Ongoing efforts to provide industry visibility on a national and global scale to the companies.
- Access to mentor teams for continued guidance on hot topic issues of concern to cohort companies.
- Sponsor and featuring of cohort companies at AR VR industry trade shows.