About the Capital Region AR VR Accelerator
Located in the Capital Region (CR) of California, the CR AR VR Accelerator is a unique program for start-up and early-stage augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) companies that covers the entire continuum of digital reality: from virtual, to augmented, to mixed, plus everything in between.
What does the CR AR VR Accelerator do?
- Invests in approximately 12 augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) start-ups.
- Provides value added resources to help cohort companies grow, including custom-tailored mentor teams that are either:
- Engaged in the specific industry vertical of the cohort company.
- Have specific knowledge or expertise to fill gaps that exist within the cohort company.
- Possess skills and networks that augment the cohort company’s existing capabilities to capitalize on near-term opportunities.
- Helps facilitate collaborations with key entities located in the Capital Region (Sacramento, California) who will be participating in the Accelerator – including in healthcare, sports/entertainment, government, tourism, real estate/construction, gaming, and other key AR VR verticals.
- A blend of both on-site and virtual activities to maximize the ability of the most promising start-ups from all over the U.S. and the world, while enabling important peer-to-peer company interaction.
- Seed and early-stage investors, AR/VR industry experts, technologists, start-up veterans, media and prospective customers and strategic partner organizations assist the CR AR VR Accelerator’s cohort companies to maximize impact and value.
- Technology solutions for cohort companies provided via our various hardware and software collaborations.
- Centrally located co-working facility with all pertinent business amenities.
- Access to a green screen studio and creative lab with state of the art gear and technology.
- A program that leverages key Capital Region and Bay Area strengths and institutions.
Summary of Activities
The Capital Region AR VR Accelerator is an 11-week intensive program for start-up and early-stage VR and AR companies and encompasses the following activities:
- A “Deep Dive” assessment, and assignment of mentor teams
- Weekly milestone checkpoints with the Accelerator’s Venture Partner and General Partners
- Seminars and workshops
- Meetings with potential customers and strategic partners
- VIP lunch or dinner guest speakers
- Weekly advising via the custom-tailed mentor teams
- Periodic networking events
- Pitch-practice “private screenings”
- Proactive public relations and social media visibility
- Office hours and studio/lab access